Pregnancy is one of the beautiful phases in a woman’s life. During this phase the body undergoes physical transformation and demands soft and comfortable clothing. The best garment for pregnant women is the one that allows the abdominal area to expand, as it is imperative for both the mother and the baby.
In the old days, most pregnant women chose to wear their old clothing, and did not even consider buying maternity clothes. Concerning about their appearances was less, mostly because they tend to feel ‘out of shape’ during the pregnancy stage.
However, where many pregnant women work, socialize and sometimes even travel internationally, and do need to stay both comfortable and attractive. Naturally, the proper clothing requirements of today’s expecting mothers are different.
Choosing The Right Pregnancy Clothes:
It is most important to choose best clothes to wear during pregnancy. Dressing up during the time of pregnancy is also fun, as it boosts the self-confidence and sense of beauty in pregnant woman. Here are some do’s and don’ts for the expecting mother:
- Choose light and comfortable clothes; do not wear extremely snug or figure-hugging outfits.
- You can choose traditional clothes that are tailored to your shape & style and is in your budget.
- Wear clothes that provide support to your stomach.
- Keep your garments simple and flaunt any dress that you like, but be confident about it.
The Various Aspects To Choose Appropriate Maternity Clothing For You:
One of the most important factors to keep in mind while choosing maternity or pregnancy pregnancy dresses is the level of your comfort zone while you are wearing them. Your clothing should evolve as your body changes every week. Pick clothes that give you more of a breathing room – think zipped pants and skirts. Wear a long shirt to cover the zipped skirts or pants.
1. Maternity Wear on Your Budget:
Often, women tend to be conscious about their looks during the various stages of their pregnancy, which is why it is recommended to spend on good-quality maternity wear. There are several options available both in retail stores and online shopping websites for all types of budgets. We suggest some of the following:-
- Wrap tops during pregnancy are simple and cheapest things that can be easily adjusted as you expand.
- Tunic tops too, are attractive, but make it a point to stick to fabrics that are soft, comfortable and breathable.
Try and wear natural fibers since they are the best. Choose light prints and avoid bold, big prints. For a loose and laid back feel, wear longer shirts with buttons.
2. Comfort Counts the Most:
Fashion does play an important role when it comes to choosing clothes at the time of pregnancy, but keep in mind that you and your baby’s health comes first. Maternity pants at the waistline should be loose and elastic should not obstruct the baby’s movement or confine the blood flow to the stomach. The belly band, which holds up the unzipped jeans, skirts, pants, or low-slung jeans, should provide support around your waist. Do check the Maternity Support Belt for this period.
[ Read: Pregnancy Pillow ]
3. Make it Size Wise:
Maternity style clothes have added space for the belly and bust, as these body parts grow in the later months. Still, some pregnant women may prefer to stick to non-maternity. In that case, to ensure a comfortable fit, they should choose clothes that are larger in size than they normally wear. Depending on your weight you need to buy larger sized garments for your final months.
4. Maternity Clothing for Professionals:
Pregnancy for regular professionals demands more care and comfortable dressing, without breaching the standard professional dress codes, for one’s entire pregnant phase. Here is a simple guide for you to dress up smoothly for office time:-
- For first three months of pregnancy, you can stick to regular clothes.
- For the later months, you may need maternity clothes that will be larger in size than your regular clothes.
- Stick to subtle, complimentary shades of clothing and soft fabric that allows you to move around without being all uncomfortable and irritated.
5. Exercise Clothes:
Exercising during pregnancy is highly recommended, provided it is approved by your doctor. Exercise makes sure both you and your baby are in good health. We suggest the following guide for you to choose the best exercise clothing during pregnancy:-
- Maternity clothes selected during exercising should be airy, loose fitting and comfortable.
- Use fabrics are breathable and help regulate body temperature. Stick to natural fibers like cotton, Lycra, spandex etc.
- Avoid tight clothes. Typically, clothes chosen during pregnancy should leave lots of space for belly area.
6. The Inner Secret:
During the pregnancy months, your breasts get heavier and tender. This indicates shopping for new maternity innerwear. Selecting appropriate bra-size is important, as your breasts needs to be paid proper care and support. Pregnancy allows the breasts to enlarge during this time, thus absolute comfort is a must.
- Choose bras made of cotton materials.
- The bra should support your back and shoulders, and yet, you should not feel strained while wearing it.
- Make a good choice of the maternity bra, as we are sure you don’t want to end up looking like an old lady later!
- During pregnancy, stick to flat sandals and shoes and avoid high heels at all costs.
Joyous Times are Ahead!
The best time to get out and shop for maternity clothes is when you discover you are pregnant. Shopping is a great stress buster, and you’ll love the feeling of shopping for the most special period of your life. You can look up some cool tips online before deciding what to wear during pregnancy. Also stock on some loose clothes, and keep in mind to shop for seasonal clothing too!
Always wear clothes which are comfortable for you and makes you happy and confident in any of the situation. Due to hormonal changes during pregnancy generally woman gives off more glow than never seen before. So stay calm and show your baby bump-love this period as this is going to be your lifetime experience.
Tags: #Maternity Clothing, #Pregnancy Pillow, #Maternity Pillow, #Pregnancy Dress, # Maternity Dress, #Pregnancy Support Belt, #Pre natal Support Belt, #Postnatal Shape up belt, #Post-natal Band, #Pregnancy Bra, #Maternity Bra,
Adapted with Thanks from: momjunction.com