Getting out of home with twins could be a daunting task, but if you could go anywhere and have two free hands while carrying your twins (or for hanging out at home, for that matter), a baby carrier for twins is your best option.
Since many newborn twins are smaller than most single babies, you may have a hard time using a normal soft structured carrier, for the first few months — it’s a bit big for tiny ones.
For the first few months, you may want to start by using a wrap-style carrier, which is so very versatile and allows for a lot of customization according to the size of the babies.
You can check out the videos below for different ways to wear your twins in a wrap style carrier.
Front Wrap Cross Carry:
Before carrying twins in a wrap you could keep these safety tips in mind:
- Learn to wrap competently with one baby before attempting to wrap two.
- Familiarize yourself with safe newborn positioning so that you can ensure both your babies maintain safe positioning in your wrap.
- Wrap snugly so babies cannot turn, sink, or slouch into a dangerous position.
- Ensure there is no one spot that is continuously bearing undue weight in your wrap, including spots where one wrap may be threaded through another.
- Keep an eye on the fabric you wrap with to ensure that it is in good condition.